No doubt your inbox has been flooded with Black Friday sales. This email doesn't have flashing graphics and a 50% off sign.
YouTube wants to help you craft the perfect podcast
The king of all things video has created a guide to help you launch/market your podcast on the platform.
The 67-page guide takes you from creating a brand all the way to standing out once you're established.
The main categories include:
- Content strategy - planning, packaging, publishing, and promotion
- Channel strategy - channel management, and frequently asked questions
- Content creation - different formats, logistics, essential tips, and more.
Why we care: Podcasts are still a relatively underused channel for growing an audience and collecting first-party data. A guide like this from a big platform like YouTube is definitely worth a read.
Have a read:
Negative SEO, What the?!?
The most common example of negative SEO is spammy links to your domain. The reason is to bury your page because it's ranking well for a certain keyword or phrase.
This happens more than you would think, so what do you do about it?
Well according to Google's own John Mueller, he suggests "just ignore them".
Is it really that simple? Google is a pretty smart machine, so chances are those spammy links won't have the same effect as they used to. Sing llo, if you do see a dip in rankings due to negative SEO then it should correct itself pretty quickly.
Bite Sized News
- LinkedIn finally rolled out native post scheduling. Great for those that aren't using a social media scheduling app.
- Heads up, there has been a rise in scammers trying to gain access to Google Business Profiles by sending fake owner requests. If you receive one, make sure it's real.
- It looks like Twitter ads are still working for smaller advertisers. Some reports show no significant performance changes since Elon Musk's takeover.